Training Positions in the DMETRE Lab
Thank you for your interest in the DMETRE Lab. We accept trainees at all levels. If you are interested in joining our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the information requested below.
Potential Undergraduate Students
Please use the phrase "Potential Undergraduate Student" in the subject of your email, and include the following:
- Why, specifically, you are interested in DMETRE's research program.
- Your CV or resume including your GPA and any previous research experience.
- A sample of any research output (eg. conference abstract or poster, journal publication).
Potential MSc Students
Please use the phrase “Potential MSc Student” in the subject of your email, and include all of the information above, PLUS:
- The graduate program you are interested in (Dr. Ospina supervises students at the Department of Obsterics & Gynecology, the MatCH Program and the School of Public Health) and potential start date.
- If applicable, describe any funding available to support your studies.
Potential PhD Students
Please use the phrase "Potential PhD Student" in the subject of your email and include all of the information above, PLUS:
- The field of your MSc degree (courses completed, thesis title and advisor)
- Abstracts (national or international conferences)
- Peer-reviewed journal publications
Potential Postdoctoral Fellows
Please use the phrase "Potential Postdoc" in the subject of your email and include all of the information above, PLUS:
- The field of your PhD degree (courses completed, thesis title and advisor, and date of completion - note, this should be within the last 2 years, or expected within the next year).
- A statement of research interests, research experience to date, career goals, and how working in our lab will help you attain these goals.
- Research awards or studentships you have received
- Your level of statistical skills, software packages, and methods and analysis you have applied.